Loving Our LIfe

Loving Our LIfe

Sunday, October 4, 2015

She Graduated

Our sweet Layla made it through her first year of Kindergarten. I am so proud of this little girl and all that she has to offer this world. This past year involved a lot of growth for Layla and us a parents. She is very gifted when it comes to learning. It comes very natural to her. When they tested the Kindergartners they ran out of material for her. She just kept going and going. That wasn't just with reading but also with math (from what I understand they use the word gifted when students can succeed in all areas). She has taught her self multiplication, reads at a third grade level, has a memory far better than mine and the ability to focus far beyond her age. With this has come some frustration for her. She wants to understand things and her brain is a little ahead of her ability to be mature enough to understand. With some help of others we have been able to create a good balance with her. I am finally seeing my little girl relax and enjoy life like most her age. She did before but I could tell she was spending a lot of her time anxious over little things. I didn't want her childhood to be spent with so much stress. Her need for perfection was taking away from a care free child hood and we worried how that mindset would transfer over to adulthood for her. With this help she still is just as bright and determined but has learned how to except change and relax and enjoy life. She still is my little organizer but doesn't get frustrated so easy with those around her. I got choked up when I think of how proud I am of her. Our move has introduced her to tons of friends and she is extremely social and independent at the same time. This little girl is tough as nails. She remind me so much of my sisters and I. The second the sun comes up she is outside working on her latest skill. Scooter, back flips, bike riding, dirt digging, soccer, basically she is a total Tom boy. She has had black eyes, big scrapes, bruises, you name it and she just brush's them off like it is nothing and keeps at whatever activity she is doing. She is my little buddy and once you get her talking she doesn't stop. She loves to hike and once i am done being pregnant i can't wait for her and I to go on our adventures. I never knew a child could be your hero but she really is mine. She is one special girl with more potential then I can even imagine. Love you!


Layla made it very clear she NEVER wants to be signed up for dance again. She doesn't understand the point. There are no points to be scored and the outfits are uncomfortable. I am pretty sure my Mom had a very similar conversation with me at this exact age. 

No comments:

Our Vacay

Turn Off the Music at the Bottom, Enjoy!