Loving Our LIfe

Loving Our LIfe

Sunday, October 4, 2015

Layla's Talk

Our Church asked Layla to give a brief talk in the Primary Program this year (which is when all the children get up and sing the songs they have learned etc). We average around 600 people on Sunday. It is HUGE. Layla was so brave and did a wonderful job. Here is the talk she helped me write. It was beautiful,

Jesus is my Savior and Redeemer. I know he is my Savior because he suffered for my sins, sadness and pain in the garden in Gethsemane. That means he said, “Don’t punish them, punish me” because of that he knows how I feel when I am sad or feel bad. I can always pray to him and he will forgive me and bring me comfort. He can redeem me from my sadness.
One time, I was having a very grumpy evening. I wasn’t being as kind to my family as I like to be. I had a warning from my Dad but kept being a little naughty. So my parents told me when we got home, one of my favorite Beanie Boo Toys would have to go in garbage because of my poor choices. I was very sad and even mad. My big brother Liam loves Poke mon like I love beanie boos. When we got home my Dad told me to go and get my Beanie Boo. Liam then walked up and said to my Dad, “Can I please give you my favorite Pokémon card and you throw that away instead of the Beanie Boo.” I felt so grateful for my brother. I cried and hugged him. I told him, “He shouldn’t have to do that it was my choice” but he loves me so much that he insisted that he give up his card so I can keep my beanie boo. That night we as a family talked about Jesus and how he is my savior and redeemer. My brother may not always be there to save me. But I know that Jesus can always help me with my troubles and he will always be there for me no matter how big or small my problem is. He loves me more then I can understand. I am so grateful for this.
In the name of Jesus Christ Amen.

No comments:

Our Vacay

Turn Off the Music at the Bottom, Enjoy!