Loving Our LIfe

Loving Our LIfe

Sunday, October 4, 2015

Grandmas Night Out To The Theater

As a child, my Grandma would take us to theater or symphony. The last time I spent with my Grandma I had flown out to go to the symphony with her. She ended up being to ill to go but it is one of the memories I treasure with my Grandma growing up. I am grateful for the opportunities she took to expose my sisters and I to other cultures and life in general. When we would go to visit my Grandparents in Mexico every year, where they lived part of the year, she always made it a point to take us to see experience the culture. They had a condo in a very secluded part of Mexico called Manzanillo. Although it still had vacationers, it gave you a MUCH better feel for the culture and way of life. Which is why they loved it. I went to Cancun later in life and i realized the two provided two very different experiences. I prefer Manzanillo. I remember as a kid wondering why my Grandparents didn't do much for us if anything at all for Christmas or our Birthdays. I am now grateful to see why they did things the way they did. I remember when we would go visit, Grandma would make it a point to have us go and see how simple these people lived and their houses. She was full of charity toward those who had less. Even though she didn't spoil us with gifts I always felt so loved and a since of security with Grandparents. They were truly determined to help us see the world around us. For this I am forever grateful.
Layla is now getting to the age where she will get to experience these type of things with my Mom. You can imagine the excitement i felt for her when my Mom asked if she could go see The Little Mermaid with her and Kat. It was a magical night for the three. And so, the tradition continues!






No comments:

Our Vacay

Turn Off the Music at the Bottom, Enjoy!