Loving Our LIfe

Loving Our LIfe

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Christmas Ideas

Lets face it, we buy our kids tons of toys and they only end up playing with 1 or 2 of the many toys they have. So here is my question... What are the 1 or 2 your kids play with? We are keeping Christmas very small this year and the years to come. We realized after last few years there was no point in the many presents, I think it was more for me then my kids. Plus, I hate the thought of my kids getting almost everything they ask for I know that isn't healthy. I want to make the few they get really count. What do your kids love and what do you love? I tag you to leave a comment, make your own blog post, etc. of some of your favorite things. Here are a few of my FAVORITE toys and things for me. Why do I love them? Because they keep my kids busy so I can get a thing or two done. I couldn't live with out:
We love our Doodle Pro. We do need one for each kid. They can't really both play with it at the same time. We can take it places and not worry about losing it. There is no clean up and everyone loves it. We have tried the cheaper one and they broke and dont worry nearly as well as the nice. Spend the extra few dollars for the name brand.




When kids come over this is the hot toy! I love it for fine motor skills. They are made by Fisher Price's TRIO line. They come in girl colors as well. We make swords, people, dinosaurs, hooks, and the list continues out of our snapping blocks. Girls and Boys love these and every kid that comes over plays with these.

I love b12 it has helped me so much with gross I know but PMS and energy. I haven't used this brand but if you go to a vitamin store they can help you find one. You will notice a difference your first cycle.

I LOVE THIS CD!!! My kids do as well. Not annoying at all. Adults love it, kids love it.  My new two favorite songs are on this CD.



I love this work out video. It is quick, hard and totally doable with little one running around or if you don't have a lot of time. You will notice results for less then 30 min a day. There are 3 different work outs on the video. You can get it as cheap as $5 on line.




 
Tag your it. I should of done this a week ago so I could have some ideas prior to Black Friday... I guess what I am saying is the sooner you post the better. I hope some of these ideas are helpful to you!

3 comments:

Alana, Brian, Hailey & Dakota said...

This is an awesome idea, and if I had kids I would totally offer my input! I can confirm though that the Jack Johnson curious George cd is awesome. I've bought songs off it just for the kid in me. And honestly, after being in Korea for a year, a box of graham crackers under the tree would do it for me!

James and Summer said...

Marcie - wow I wish I had seen this sooner. Have you decided on toys yet?
We love the ikea train sets. Great for lots of ages. I also love that you can purchase one set at a time and add to you already have year after year. We purchased several years in a row for Christmas and it is big enough for now. Also, the floor doesn't have to be completely flat for the trains to 'run' smoothly.

Also, every child that comes to my house plays with our musical instruments. I found a drum that opens up and stores the instruments inside - maracas, harmonica, shaker, tambourine, drum sticks, etc. If you can handle the noise - every child loves harmonicas because they can make music that actually sounds like music at every level.

Good luck!

Summer said...

My kids and every kid that comes over loves our art easel. Santa brought it for Maci last year (He probably saw one similar at Michaels **wink wink** last year for $24) and she has played with it every day since. I love the paper roll option so she can paint while standing up. I think it's the creatology brand.

Our Vacay

Turn Off the Music at the Bottom, Enjoy!