Loving Our LIfe

Loving Our LIfe

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Goodbye Old Guy

Bitter-Sweet, we sold the truck. Bitter for Josh and Sweet for me. In car years, this poor guy was getting a bit old (14 years). I know it wasn't easy for Josh to say goodbye.  Apparently it doesn't matter if the paint is peeling, 12 miles to gallon (not to mention he commutes an hour each day), leaks oil, etc. A guy likes having his truck. The argument always comes up that we need a truck (or other people need to use our truck) I counted a total of 3 times we "needed" the truck. Perhaps it is the peace of mind? I am grateful we sold it because we should save money on gas. I will admit, I was excited that Josh drove a truck when we met (weird I know, it reminded me of my Grandpa). Maybe that is why guys love it, it is a chick magnet. Either way, Josh was a great sport and sold it quickly. He rebuilt the truck with his dad (it had a salvage title) and I know it meant a lot to him. Any how. I thought I would post pictures. It will be one of those cars you never forget.
Liam asked where Daddy's truck is I told him we sold it he then said, "Ohhh that is sad Daddy had the thing for like 20 years!".

2 comments:

Brittany said...

Oh, I totally get this. We went through the exact same thing with our truck a few months ago. You are funny with the "Bitter-Sweet" comment. I like that!

Alana, Brian, Hailey & Dakota said...

Wow!! Even I remember that truck- I'm pretty sure I went to a bonfire with Josh in it once! It's had a good life, but nowadays it's hard to just chuck the kids in the bed and go! So good move on getting a new car and saving on gas too :)

Our Vacay

Turn Off the Music at the Bottom, Enjoy!