Loving Our LIfe

Loving Our LIfe

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Soap Box and Creepy People

There are way to many creepy people out there. I keep hearing awful stories about poeple finding things on blogs etc... A good idea to keep you and other people safe is to log onto your blog, go to settings, then basics and make sure you have no selected under the question that asks if you want to allow search engines to find your blog. It is a good way to keep you and your family and friends on your blog list safe. Better safe then sorry.
Also, don't text and drive. I have heard several AWFUL stories lately. I was so mad the other day when I saw someone on the freeway driving while texting. Josh and I have decided to not talk on our phone as well. I know we are uptight. I saw a special the other day that you are 4 times more likely to be killed by someone using a cell phone then by a drunk driver. AHHHH I am guilty of using my cell phone while driving but not anymore :) I am so greatful for the laws being passed.

6 comments:

The White-Matthews Family said...

Check out the video link on my Facebook on texting and driving and you'll never do it again.

Brittany said...

Good stats to pass on! We all could use the reminders. Yikes.

Suzette said...

Great info Marcie! So true. I put the block on our blog right at first and this gives me some comfort. I tested it not too long ago and realized something scary: Unless all of the people who have my blog on their blog list put up the same filter, my blog still comes up (through their blog). Not sure if I'm making sense?

the 4 of us said...

I came to the same realization as suzette above! Any comments written with the names of anyone in my blog all come up in search engines.
You can never take too many precautions to protect your little ones. Its a jungle out there!!

XXX

the laytons. said...

Thanks for the advice! I went to my settings and made sure mine was selected no and i also totally agree with you that no texting while driving is extremely important!

Lara said...

I would definitely crash if I tried to talk and drive! I have to concentrate on where I'm going.
P.s. You totally look like your sister!!!

Our Vacay

Turn Off the Music at the Bottom, Enjoy!