Loving Our LIfe

Loving Our LIfe

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Egg Olympics

Layla's Easter dress didn't make it to church due to a huge blow out on the way there... It happens.

Liam's Sunday best (sorry for the dirty look nap time was interupted)

My favorite Easter Eggs. Josh's is to the left and mine is in the middle





As usual Montrose was beautiful and we had a blast playing, "Egg Games 2009". My Mom put together some fun "egg" games for the adults. Not only was our athletic ability put to the test but also our creative side. We made hats and eggs for points and played some fun egg games. Team Perriton took second. We loved it. We also celebrated Josh's birthday when we arrived which was nice considering it hadn't started off as the best birthday. To start off, I backed into Josh's truck damaging both our vehicles. He was very sweet about it. Next, he had a very bad week at work, and to top it off we got pulled over, not once but twice, on our drive down here. Luckily, my Mom made Josh's favorite cake and everyone waited up for us. So it ended well.
Liam was very excited last night when he was laying in bed and THE EASTER BUNNY jumped past the window. He sat up laughing and said, "I NEED TO GO OUTSIDE!" sadly, the bunny had hopped away but did make one more visit. It was so cute.
Linz and Tim brought x-box so we played alot of Madden and Rock Band. It was so fun to see everyone.
The best part of the week were the talks (Paul) and lessons given at church this Easter Sunday. I am so grateful for the Atonement and the sense of peace it has brought me and will continue to bring me throughout my life. I know our Savior lives and loves each and every one of us. Only through following Christ can we return to our Father in Heaven. I am grateful for my testimony. It is the thing I hold dearest to me. It is what makes me who I am. I know the Resurrection is real and just like the earth comes to life again in the spring, we too will be resurrected. The gospel is so pure and is designed to make us happy. It will do just that if we follow the teachings. Nothing can keep us from experiencing the joy it brings!

6 comments:

The Little's said...

I always love reading about your family...the egg games look like so much fun! Happy Easter! Oh, and Happy Birthday to Josh!

mamapickle said...

Soounds like a great weekend :) I love the picture below of Liam asleep with the book.

Kranendonk Family said...

I am so sorry to hear about the cars!! I'm glad you guys were able to go up to your moms and have a fun easter weekend! I always love hearing/reading about what you guys are up to. By the way... I love your easter hats you made :)

Summer said...

It was nice of you to not point out the other worst thing about Josh's birthday...by the way Happy Birthday and Easter! I can't believe that Layla's hair is looking lighter! They are so cute and I love Liam's Easter pants. He looks like a little man. (:

Brittany said...

You got pulled over twice??!! It sounds like the storm before the rainbow to me!!

Your Easter Celebration looks amazing!! Good job on those eggs (very professional looking) and hats (I'd buy one...) I also loved reading your testimony.

Suzette said...

You'll have to tell Josh that I didn't forget his birthday. I kept nagging Cale to call him but I guess he was embarrassed of being too sappy...dumb!!!! Well at least his 29th birthday will be memorable! :)

Easter looks like so much fun, I love how the bunny ran past the window. I tried to find a little man suit for Kempton like Liam's last year, but no luck! Both Liam and Layla look so adorable in their Easter attire. Your mom is so cute and creative to think of all those activities for everyone!

Our Vacay

Turn Off the Music at the Bottom, Enjoy!