We have been working very hard for a long time (Liam's whole life) to get him to fall asleep on his own. We have tried letting him cry it out, time out, EVERYTHING until last week I figured it out. Something no parenting book, Doctor or friend has ever suggested. The secret...to "ROAR" yes, literally "ROAR". Liam had gotten out of his bed one night (for what felt like the tenth time) and was holding his Lion. He opened the door and I roared because that is what we do when we see a tiger, lion, or dinosaur toy around here (Liam's idea). Well, Liam took it personally and ran into his bed begging me not to roar at him. It has been over a week and he has fallen asleep all on his own and even taken naps?!?!? I have only had to roar around 4 or 5 times and he runs back in there. I let him read books or play with toys on his bed until he falls asleep. Here is how I found him today reading his very intense (aparently) Elmo book. So cute!
As for the Chicken Dollar. This is the BEST toy for babies. Liam loved it more anything and would sit and play with the chicken dollar forever. It was a hit with the twins and now Layla will sit and play with it non-stop. It doesn't play music or even have different textures. It does make a crackle noise when they play with it however. Who knows...






2 comments:
woo-hoo! who knew? I hope that continues to work for you with Liam! Oh wow - Layla is so beautiful! I can not believe that I have not been to see her/you yet!!!! She is already too grown up!
This is so hilarious! Seriously, every parent has to do what works!
Post a Comment