Loving Our LIfe

Loving Our LIfe

Saturday, April 18, 2009

General Conference Tag

One of my favorite temples, The Draper Temple

I was tagged by my sister, here is how it goes:


Rules:
1.Post on your blog Either a summary of what you got out of conference, a favorite talk or a summary of your favorite talk from conference.
2.Share your testimony at the end of your post.
3.Leave a comment on my blog so I can read what you wrote

The feeling I had overall throughout conference was that it is possible and very important to attend the temple. I know it is hard nursing and having Josh's busy work schedule but I kept getting the feeling and desire throughout conference that I needed to make more of an effort. I know the blessings that come from visiting the temple and what a wonderful place it is. Once you are there it is always so refreshing. It is just a matter of getting there. I loved Elder David Bednards talk. We were driving and the radio was going in out but it really hit me. If you would like to read it visit:
http://lds.org/conference/talk/display/0,5232,23-1-1032-30,00.html
It really stood out to me when he was comparing our home to the temple. I know in this world our children need a safe place and that safe place needs to be our home. I know there are things we can do to better invite the spirit in our home.

I am so grateful for the blessings of the temple and that we as worthy members of this church have a place so calming, beautiful, service oriented and in many cases conveniently located to attend. I know that families are forever and that covenants made in the temple will bless us in this life and throughout the eternities. It's not just a hope that these things will happen. I know it is real and true. I have faith that by my children observing me in my temple attendence and appreciation they will see the importance and strive to be temple worthy as well. How blessed we are to live in this dispensation.

If anyone has any questions you can ask me or go to LDS.org and read some talks from conference yourself.

This tag is for anyone who wants to participate.

1 comment:

Tara & Stephen said...

Your the first person to do my tag. I loved that talk too.

Our Vacay

Turn Off the Music at the Bottom, Enjoy!