Loving Our LIfe
Saturday, April 19, 2008
Help?!?!?!
I need tips on how to help the nausea during the first trimester. I started out thinking, "Oh, this pregnancy is so much easier than Liam's..."?!?!?! I spoke to soon. I feel awful. I feel like I just was on a ride that went round and round a thousand times at the speed of light (those of you who have bad motion sickness know what I am talking about). Sometimes I feel fine but than 10 min later I think I can feel the earth spinning. Does anyone have ideas or suggestions. Poor Josh hasn't had a good cooked meal in some time. I am pretty sure Liam thinks I am a bump on log. I feel bad for complaining because I feel so fortunate to have another child and that getting pregnant isn't a challenge for us. Josh thinks all I have to do is think I am pregnant and boom I am pregnant (I kind of agree). I just wish I could be a better wife and Mom at the moment... HELP!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






14 comments:
What worked best for me is making sure a drank a lot of liquid. I really liked orange juice, water or apple juice. I have never tried this but some people say that there are these morning sickness lolly pops that some of my friends say that they work. I have seen them sold at babies are us. Also check your email I am going to send you some recipes of the foods that I could stand which wasn't very much.
The first step is to trying taking a b6 vitamin with a unison sleeping pill. It worked for about a week and then I got worse. At that point I started on the prescription drugs but you really have to complain to your doctor! I could usually handle scrambled eggs, toast, tomato soup, and chicken broth and that was about it for a while. Try to always have something in your tummy even if it is just a cracker. Be sure to stay hydrated! My sister would suck on ice.I am not sure how it is for everyone else but once I got dehydrated there was nothing I could do to get hydrated - my body rejected any thing I tried. That is when I had to get the Pic line. I am sure you won't get to that point but call me if you ever want someone to complain to! Somehow it always made me feel better when I could talk about it!
I agree witht the unisome. I was SOOO sick. So, I don't think I could help with a solution. But You are AMAZING!! ONly you can do what you are doing!! That's why you get to do it!! You are an amazing wife and mother (of two)! You just "doubled" your load and that has a lot to say!! I am so sad you are sick, I loved "ice pops" the cool made me feel a little better. I also remember sniffing the jar of ginger I had in the cubbords. Wierd but it helped for a second. Oh, and sucking on peppermint!!
The most important advice I have is to leave the guilt behind and remember that this too shall pass. I know this is easier said than done. Morning sickness (or afternoon, or evening, or middle of the night :)) is definitely a real thing! Do not feel guilty about not making dinner or just having "do nothing" days with Liam. It's ok, really! Being sick and pregnant with a toddler is a real challenge and I can totally empathize with you. For me, the only thing that really helped was to lay down (kind of like motion sickness). Keeping something in your tummy at all times also helps. If you're taking prenatal vitamins, take them before bed and not during the day. I used motion sickness bands and thought they helped a little? Give me a call if you need to vent, sometimes it helps just to talk it out and bounce ideas back and forth.
oh man! I wish I was there to help out - and return all the favors you have done for me the past several months!
Oyster crackers (because I didn't have to bite them and get crumbs everywhere - and saltines don't work for me), yogurt, fresh fruit (esp. strawberries) with sugar on it - the sugar is what calms, pedialyte popsicles (although sometimes even these were too strong for me so regular popsicles worked) - this would kind of 'freeze' my tummy and then I tolerated the food a little better, peppermint mentos, frozen corn, frozen go-gurts, mashed potatoes (the instant really bad for you kind) - but like I said it was an appetizer and then I could stomach other food on top, ... the weirdest for me was donuts or donut holes. Sounds gross and you'd think the fried part would be hard on tummy but it worked. Also, I always kept peppermint tea bags in my purse (or something fresh or clean smelling to combat nausea when out and about.
oh, and breathing fresh air. Take a deep breath adn force yourself to smile - harder than it seems - I know. A walk to the mail box will work - and NO ONE cares what you look like! We all understand!
MOST IMPORTANT!!! You are a great mom. And like was said before - this too shall pass. Liam will still be healthy and continue to grow and develop as much as ever! Your baby will be healthy too. And soon, you'll be feeling better.
For me it was easier if when I was having a good moment - I put together little baggies of snacks for Abby. I also made a list of foods that I knew I liked and would just make myself something off of the list even if I didn't really 'feel like' eating it. What ended up being most important for me was eating small amounts like every 45 min. That way my tummy was never empty. Talk about feeling like you are always eating!
Good luck! I hope you find what works for you! Call me if you want! I'd love to hear from ya! Although I understand if you don't, being on the phone always made me so dizzy.
sorry you feel yucky, unfortuntely it just got worse for me with every pregnancy. The only thing that really helped me was eating small meals throughout the day. Don't worry Liam won't remember these few months where you need to sleep or watch a few episodes of his fav. show over and over!
There's just not a lot you can do to make it go away. I would force myself to go for a short walk to get fresh air. Just keep remembering....it will pass! Really!
Marcie, You didn't tell me that you were pregnant! And I just saw you last week! I am sorry your feeling icky. Bring Liam by anytime you just need a rest.
http://refinedsugaraccessories.com/ This is the web site that I told you about forever ago with cute girly accessories. Who knows, maybe you will need them soon?
Hope something works to help you feel better!
Cry. You'll get lots of sympathy from Josh and he'll wait on you hand-and-foot. It's dirty, but it works. Also...Plan B: Drugs. Phenergan or Zofran. Those inventors and pure geniuses. One more thing...Liam won't remember a thing. Turn on Mickey Mouse and throw some candy at him from your comfy place on the couch.
Did you try ginger ale? Also ginger snaps. Also abstinence. Just joking...(: I can't wait to see your little girl (or boy but I'm thinking girl.)
I agree with the DRUGS!!! All I know is that for the next pregnancy...I'm going to ask for them alot sooner. 1/2 of a unisom before bed worked for a while and you get some great sleep!!My Doctor even suggested taking FLINSTONE vitamins instead of my prenatal pills. They didn't make me nausious and they have ALL the same good stuff for you and the babe. I reccomend the Gummie ones!
You've got some GREAT suggestions from everyone here...try 'em out and see what works for you! Hang in there!
Okay Marcie! If you are feeling like you are going to die (not literally) my sister Samantha can help. She's a voodoo doctor. Okay I'm totally kidding but, she's been pregnant 3 times and is so sick that she ends up in the ER at least 5 times and usaully ends up having a pick line and a nurse that comes over every 3rd day. Her advice is don't drink orange juice because it's very acidic and will hurt your stomach more. We both agree with the Phenergan and Zofran. Zofran is better because it doesn't make you as sleepy. Then you can take care of Liam. Unisom and B-6 only works if you're not super sick just a little nausious. Basically tell your Dr. how sick you really are and don't feel stupid about it because there's a lot they can do. Sorry for the novel!
I would recomend that you send Josh into the other room. Make him sleep on the couch. I remember a stench so strong it would peal paint. It seamed to linger in the room for days after he would leave. Congrats by the way!
Post a Comment