Loving Our LIfe

Loving Our LIfe

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Happy Birthday Josh!

Well, today was Josh's Birthday. As usual he didn't want much attention over the whole thing. How boring! I did some stuff any way. He did decide to keep 1 of the 3 gifts I gave him which is pretty good for him. To bad they were the socks. I also think I talked him into getting a different pair of swim shorts since he didn't like the style I got him. He has had his other pair for 4 summers now! They are white so you can imagine how they look. Hopefully he will follow through. Throwing a birthday for the Grinch of the Birthdays is very difficult. I can't not do anything. Birthdays are way to fun.
Overall it was a fun day. I surprised him with donuts in his car to take to work, we went to Liam's first movie, and out to eat (he told me after I had asked I better not have them sing Happy Birthday, luckily they forgot). I made a cake but Josh went out for Ice Cream with some people from work so he didn't feel like it. Luckily, I didn't either. I haven't been feeling to well and don't have much of an appetite. Plus the cake fell apart when I tried to stack the two. Talk about a FLOP!
I loved Summer's idea of having you share a favorite memory or thing about Josh. Please post a comment if you have something you would like to share. We would love to read it.

9 comments:

Holly said...

I would have to say that one of my favorite things is to watch Josh play with Liam. They are very cute together and Liam absolutely adores his Dad. The only problem is it is hard to get Liam's attention if Josh is around!

A second memory I have of Josh that I love is when he saw Marcie on their wedding day and he looked just awe-struck! It was very cute.

Josh always can make us laugh, he has a great sense of humor!
Happy Birthday, Love Holly

Marcie said...

yea i have a comment...josh is awesome
-josh

Summer said...

One of my favorite memories was the Christmas that we hid all of Josh's Christmas presents in the paint booth on Christmas morning. Josh divided up everyone's presents and figured out that he didn't have any. Probably MY best Christmas ever. Also, all the trips home from Rexburg in the freezing truck and Josh wouldn't let me turn the heat on because air didn't come through HIS door, just mine. On one of those trips I helped Josh figure out that to sing with people on the radio, you just try to match their voice. "What?! Are you serious?" And lets just mention that night at Cory and Naoko's with Cale and Suzette and the all nighter conversation. Now that was funny.

Reisdorfer Ramblings said...

Hmmm...where to begin. Josh's personal style has always been...creative. Just like the white shorts, I remember his favorite mowing sandals. Some of my favorite memories are from eating lunch with Josh by the front door and a gust of wind coming and blowing our chips everywhere and watching Rocky the dog chase after them. Also, having Josh as one of my bestest friends in High School and then mowing together our senior year and eating pop ices and timing ourselves on this one lawn to see how fast we could get it done. Sure miss hanging out, wish you were closer, or at least visited Cheyenne more!
luv ya cuz
Denise

Suzette said...

"You guys, I'm sitting straight up right now!"
- Josh

I am grateful that Cale has such a close brother, someone he can be himself around and who knows him like I do. I appreciate Josh's sense of humor!

I'm so excited that our boys are the same age and that they will hopefully be just as close. When Cale saw the most recent picture of Liam he said, "Liam could be Kempton's stunt devil. They look identical."

Can't wait to see you guys in June!

Suzette said...

oops, I meant to say "stunt double."

Tara & Stephen said...

my favorite memory with Josh is in Argentina When he bought the fanta pop. It was huge, and he pretended like he bought it for everyone to share but no one in the car liked pop and he drank all of it by himself in a hour time frame. I also thought that it was funny when we all in unison said UTI. I don't even remember why we were doing that.

Phil and Tiff said...

Happy Birthday Josh!! I completely understand the Grinch of Birthdays. Phil doesn't even like to acknowledge that its his and since he shares his birthday with Brit he thinks he should be able to be forgotten. Not happening here!!! As for the swim shorts, four years is not a terribly long time for the Ed Perriton family. I recall a family reunion in 2000 when Uncle Ed walked out in a very short pale blue 1970s swimsuit. Stylin'!

Tara & Stephen said...

Stephens favorite memory with Josh is when he asked Stephen if he would rather be able to fly or be invisable. Stephen said he wanted to be invisable and Josh reply was " A nija could still kill you if you were invisable." Happy birthday

Our Vacay

Turn Off the Music at the Bottom, Enjoy!