Not to long ago I knelt in prayer. It was one of those times where I felt alone and confused. During that prayer I was completely filled with a feeling of love and understanding that Christ had for me. I knew then that everything was going to be OK. Although, I already "knew" that he loved and understood what I was going through it was absolutely wonderful to feel that. It wasn't the answer I was hoping for. It was even better. We are blessed with sacred experiences here and there through out our lives (if we are worthy or are striving to do what is right). I will never deny the way I felt at that moment, it was heaven sent. I am grateful for that experience. I will always hold onto it.
I will always love this picture. It speaks to me. It's hard for me to put into words what it makes me feel but I will try. I picture my life with out my understanding of our Savior, Jesus Christ and what comes to mind is complete despair. I have had times in my life where I felt like I could do it on my own. At the time I felt everything was fine, my life to others and me in a sense seemed perfect. But I was not who I should of been, or who I could of been. Looking back I see what I was missing out on. I will never have that period of my life back. The peace and comfort I have from learning more of him, from trying to be more like him is what gets me through life. It makes me a much better person. I picture a innocent little lamb lost and confused. What safety that lamb feels as he his held in our Saviors arms. I am comforted to know that lamb represents me, my children, my spouse, my sisters, my parents, my friends, and even those who have hurt me. If we let him in and truly try (I know it isn't always easy) through that humility we will have great peace. A peace that only comes through a true testimony of our Savior, Jesus Christ. Christ is completely selfless and full of a never ending love. I try to be like him, I want to be just like him. I have to remind myself that the journey through life isn't always easy or fair. It at times requires great faith but as we overcome these difficulties we grow to be more like him. I may stumble along the way but I will stand back up and continue to try because the gospel is what brings true happiness.







1 comment:
Wow, you couldn't have been said better. I love this post
Post a Comment