As many of you know, we gave Daisy away to Josh’s sister’s family this weekend. I am so happy she went to such a wonderful family. I know this sounds weird, but Daisy was such a unique dog. I honestly feel like she was put into my life for a reason. She far exceeded the loyal companion stereotype dogs have. She brought me joy and comfort through some very difficult times in my life. Honestly, if it weren’t for her I wouldn't be where I was today. Daisy played a large role in me deciding to move to Utah and change my life around. She was the reason I moved where I did which is the place I met Josh. When I was lonely she would cuddle me, when I was happy she would be happy with me. I would take her everywhere. She was so well trained and patient with young children. People who didn't like dogs like Daisy. Even Josh ended up falling in love with her and being the main one who took care of her once we started to have kids (for those of you who know Josh he was far from an animal person). Daisy had that influence on people. As time went on my life started to change, I had children our place was getting crowed and our sweet Layla started to develop an allergy to Daisy. I couldn't give her the love she deserved and I was always trying to keep her away from Layla. I felt very comforted in knowing that it was time for Daisy to go to a new home. I knew just the people to ask and honestly the only people I would be willing to give her to. Colette’s children LOVE Daisy and are at the perfect age for a pet. Her time with me was through and she is now blessing a wonderful family who we love so dearly. I get chocked up writing this not because I am sad but because I am so grateful for what a great influence she was in my life. I have such gratitude that she will be in a home where she will be held often, taken for walks, and there to cuddle whoever needs to be cuddled. We love you Daisy and are happy for you!
Loving Our LIfe
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Bitter Sweet
The Young Daisy and Marcie :) (7 years ago)




As many of you know, we gave Daisy away to Josh’s sister’s family this weekend. I am so happy she went to such a wonderful family. I know this sounds weird, but Daisy was such a unique dog. I honestly feel like she was put into my life for a reason. She far exceeded the loyal companion stereotype dogs have. She brought me joy and comfort through some very difficult times in my life. Honestly, if it weren’t for her I wouldn't be where I was today. Daisy played a large role in me deciding to move to Utah and change my life around. She was the reason I moved where I did which is the place I met Josh. When I was lonely she would cuddle me, when I was happy she would be happy with me. I would take her everywhere. She was so well trained and patient with young children. People who didn't like dogs like Daisy. Even Josh ended up falling in love with her and being the main one who took care of her once we started to have kids (for those of you who know Josh he was far from an animal person). Daisy had that influence on people. As time went on my life started to change, I had children our place was getting crowed and our sweet Layla started to develop an allergy to Daisy. I couldn't give her the love she deserved and I was always trying to keep her away from Layla. I felt very comforted in knowing that it was time for Daisy to go to a new home. I knew just the people to ask and honestly the only people I would be willing to give her to. Colette’s children LOVE Daisy and are at the perfect age for a pet. Her time with me was through and she is now blessing a wonderful family who we love so dearly. I get chocked up writing this not because I am sad but because I am so grateful for what a great influence she was in my life. I have such gratitude that she will be in a home where she will be held often, taken for walks, and there to cuddle whoever needs to be cuddled. We love you Daisy and are happy for you!
As many of you know, we gave Daisy away to Josh’s sister’s family this weekend. I am so happy she went to such a wonderful family. I know this sounds weird, but Daisy was such a unique dog. I honestly feel like she was put into my life for a reason. She far exceeded the loyal companion stereotype dogs have. She brought me joy and comfort through some very difficult times in my life. Honestly, if it weren’t for her I wouldn't be where I was today. Daisy played a large role in me deciding to move to Utah and change my life around. She was the reason I moved where I did which is the place I met Josh. When I was lonely she would cuddle me, when I was happy she would be happy with me. I would take her everywhere. She was so well trained and patient with young children. People who didn't like dogs like Daisy. Even Josh ended up falling in love with her and being the main one who took care of her once we started to have kids (for those of you who know Josh he was far from an animal person). Daisy had that influence on people. As time went on my life started to change, I had children our place was getting crowed and our sweet Layla started to develop an allergy to Daisy. I couldn't give her the love she deserved and I was always trying to keep her away from Layla. I felt very comforted in knowing that it was time for Daisy to go to a new home. I knew just the people to ask and honestly the only people I would be willing to give her to. Colette’s children LOVE Daisy and are at the perfect age for a pet. Her time with me was through and she is now blessing a wonderful family who we love so dearly. I get chocked up writing this not because I am sad but because I am so grateful for what a great influence she was in my life. I have such gratitude that she will be in a home where she will be held often, taken for walks, and there to cuddle whoever needs to be cuddled. We love you Daisy and are happy for you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






6 comments:
That is great that Daisy is being loved. I am glad you are not too sad, that has got to be hard.
Ahhh Marcie. This made me cry!
wow - what a big day! Glad that you had her when you needed her and that she is going somewhere where she will be adored -just like she should! Poor Layla - hope the allergies weren't too bad!
I am just happy Daisy stayed in the family! This was so inspired, Marcie. What a huge blessing Daisy will be to Colette and Will's family, as well as all the love Daisy will receive.
I liked Daisy too. She was a sweet little dog. Maybe you should have some of her eggs saved so that one day you can have another like her. Ha ha ha j/k :)
Oh no! That is so sad to say goodbye to her but so good she'll be with fun family. Hopefully that will make for extra visits too.
Post a Comment