Loving Our LIfe

Loving Our LIfe

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Family Pictures, Why Bother?



We asked Liam to put the comb away. I can see now he didn't.

This is Layla upset that the cat ran for her life

Poor girl. I little sad that the cat got away...

Could be cute if she had a different pose and background




Josh was working hard at making them laugh. I shouldn't of had him standing above me. Mental note...


I would like this one if it had a different back drop.

It makes perfect sense really. If the people taking the picture are trying to make you laugh why not return the favor?






I think the kids are getting a little burned out of pics...


Work with me Josh.

I thought getting the car might help... It sure didN'T

Getting Closer but still WAY off


Layla looks comfortable
Layla having the kitty on her lap. She was so excited. She is so darling.

I guess I didn't notice the cat ran off. Layla did.



He wasn't willing to give a normal smile so the picture taking ended. I couldn't stop laughing at his faces. He was trying so hard to smile normal. It just kept ending up looking a little like this...
We had a hour to spare before church. We were all dolled up so I thought, why not go outside and take some pictures... I would really like to get family pictures soon so I figured this will be good practice. Well we didn't even make it past the front door while trying to take pictures. I was hoping to take some in the yard around the roses etc. It was very funny I couldn't stop laughing because it was impossible. I even threw in the cat in hopes the kids might be more involved. Now my arm is scratched and the cat I think hates me. Ohhh well. The memory was worth it even if the pictures didn't turn out. Seriously, this is how family pictures should really look. Do you have any secrets with family pictures or taking pictures of kids?
Tonight Liam told me he loves me as big as a bean stalk. It made my heart melt. I love being a mom and I love my family way bigger then the biggest bean stalk (I am assuming bean stalks are HUGE).

7 comments:

Rachael said...

Honestly taking pictures is SO fun, even when you don't get the shot you were hoping for. BEAUTIFUL family you've got there Mars! Most simply adorable children, LOVE 'em!!!

The Little's said...

What works for us is empty threats and promises of ice cream and candy...really. If they don't look like "real life" they aren't worth remembering anyway! Good luck! And, you all still look great!

Byers said...

Marcie,
I don't think you should be allowed to look sooo BEAUTIFUL after having two kids! It isn't fair to the rest of us:) You all make such a cute little family; I think you did a great job taking pics!!!

James and Summer said...

They are still DARling and you are simply gorgeous! Glad you took the opportunity to snap a few!

Suzette said...

Your door looks AWESOME!!!! These pictures are so classic, who wants posed picture anyway?!?! :)

The worst is when you pay too much money and they don't cooperate! I find myself becoming a maniac mom in these situations. You all looked relaxed, like you are having a fun time...it's not forced! The kids are stinkin cute!

Summer said...

I laughed out loud after every picture caption. So classic family picture scenario. And YOU look so beautiful! Also panther is really photogenic. I can pretty much FEEL his terror.

By the way...at first I didn't think this was outside your house cause your front door looks SO AWESOME. Way to go, Josh. All that hard work paid off. (for me at least.) Love the way it turned out. OK..longest comment ever...see you!

Brittany said...

Those pictures are the BEST! The captions were cracking me up. The cat was a great addition. And I love your skirt Marcie. You look beautiful!!

Our Vacay

Turn Off the Music at the Bottom, Enjoy!