
My Grandpa
My apartment in Greeley

Daisy
High school
I saw this on a friend’s blog and loved it. Here has been my life in the last decade. I tag you to do the same:
2000
My last year and half of high school. At the time I thought I was the coolest most important person alive. I now like to refer it to the worse most embarrassing time of my life. I always tell people they wouldn't believe the type of person I was. It is true. I did however love my job working at a Pre-School. Parents got divorced, my mom got remarried. I got caught throwing a Halloween Party, drove around in a silver jetta, and was super confused about life.
2001
Started my first year of college at UNC in Greeley, CO. Made some good friends. Took dating way to serious. But for the first time actually applied myself in school and enjoyed it.
2002
I got sweet Daisy (the dog) loved her. Moved in with 3 girls at UNC. Sister went on a mission.
2003
Moved in with 1 girl at UNC. Revolved my life around Daisy. Grew closer with my family.
2004
Felt like something was missing in my life. Broke down in a way (I needed to be humbled) realized even though many thought in a way had it all, I really had nothing. Got in contact with missionaries. I knew the gospel was true. I had a change of heart. Packed up the life I knew and moved to Utah for my forth year of college. Met Josh, loved my scriptures, got my patriarchal blessing. Changed as a person. Who I always was I just didn't know it.
2005
Attended UVSC Got engaged, temple, got married for time and all eternity to my wonderful husband. Went to Walt Disney World and Hawaii. Learned a ton that first year of marriage (still am).
2006
My Grandpa and Grandma both passed away. They were such an amazing people and such a wonderful part of my life. I think if them daily. I miss them the same (I thought it would get better with time). Liam was named after my Grandpa. He was hard working, funny, loving, and a cowboy. My Grandma was smart, beautiful, a wonderful artist, and they both were two of my dearest friends and hero's.
Moved to Missoula, MT. Had our son. Experienced a type of love, joy, responsibility I never knew possible. Our world was now our son Liam.
2007
Moved back to Utah. Bought our first place. Loved being a Mom. Josh started a new career path, which took a lot of courage and did wonderfully.
2008
Pregnant again with our wonderful daughter Experienced life with two. Workload tripled but was TOTALLY worth it. She is amazing.
2009
Gave away Daisy to a wonderful home. Moved to a different home. Cried when Daisy passed away but was grateful she was with such wonderful people. Didn't sleep AT ALL. Loved my kids and hubby with all my heart, Had little time for myself but loved being with the people I love most. I suppose that is my life for the next decade as well (little time for myself) which I am totally ok with. I do hope for more sleep however.
I can't get over how much my life has changed. I would of NEVER though my life would be where it is today in 2000. I am so grateful for a Father in Heaven who has watched over me and loved me unconditionally through my good and bad times. I will never forget when I went to the Temple for the first time the man who sat me down and said, "I can tell you have been through a lot to be here today." I started crying with my Mom and sister. I can't explain the gratitude I have to be where I am, it is a miracle. My life is truly blessed and it is all through the atonement, prayer, love, humility, and family.






7 comments:
I love Liam's artwork. Maybe I'll commission him to do my self-portrait!
I love hearing your story over the last decade. You are incredible; and I am just glad to be your friend!
This is one of my favorite posts EVER. I'm really touched Marcie.
Thanks for sharing a glimpse into this decade of your life. You are one of the most gospel-sensitive people I know, and I really admire you for that!
This was so great to read a nd of you to share with us! You are amazing - really and truly! I'll come comment again when I do this - 'cause I so want to!
Loved this post! I am so glad you married into the family! You are Josh are great for each other and I have loved getting to know you!
I love these pics....Sure love you marcie....I'm a very proud dad.
I hope you had a happy bday. I miss you!
Post a Comment