Loving Our LIfe

Loving Our LIfe

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Layla's "Big Day"

Layla could hardly wait for her surgery... Sounds strange I know. It was just having her adenoids removed. So a pretty small procedure. The Dr. gave us a book to read that would explain to her how everything was going to work. Ohhh how she loved it. She was going to get special PJ's, to wake up early that morning and go to the hospital with just Mommy and Daddy. They were going to give her yummy juice and she was going to get to wear a funny mask to help her sleep. She took the story to church with her and everything. I didn't want to make it dramatic I would prefer her being ok with it rather then scared. Well the morning arrived and she was excited. Everything went smoothly. Until it was time for her to wake up. The poor girl was screaming and crying she had no idea what was going on. I felt awful! Once she calmed down she was fine but I felt really guilty. If you ask her how her surgery was here will be her response, "I had surgery... I thought it was going to be fun but it wasn't. They put a funny mask on that made me cry!" (she doesn't realize the mask put her to sleep and she then had the surgery). As for the surgery, it was soooo worth it. Guess who has slept through the night for the last two weeks, every night but once... LAYLA! It is a miracle. She still doesn't like going to bed but I am sure that is the case for most three year olds. Once she is asleep, she is a angel. Not to mention she sleeps in! With all this extra sleep you can imagine how much happier our little girl is. I just adore her. She is so sweet and so, so, so special!

No comments:

Our Vacay

Turn Off the Music at the Bottom, Enjoy!