As many of you know there has been a lot said in the media recently about a political figures wife never working a day in life because she is/was a stay at home Mom. This woman raised 5 boys. My jaw dropped when I heard this. I want to be respectful to all woman, woman who are working Mom's whether it be by choice or circumstance and Mom's like me who choose this as a full time profession. We all are Mom's and have one thing in common, we love our children with all our heart. They are, our heart. As parents we are able to see what is best for OUR children. As a parent I believe we are inspired to know what is best for our family. I never doubted that I wanted to be a stay at home Mom. As long as our situation will allow it. With that comes obvious sacrifice, one of the larger being living on one income. Being a full time Mom, means I give up a fancy title and paycheck. So why would I see it necessary? It's simple we are a family and my kids are kids who need their Mom. I do not know another job that can teach me to be more Christ like then mine now. I have learned patience, I honestly know what it means to be selfless, I have learned to set aside the flashy things of this world and instead focus on being there for my children around the clock. My resume is small, what sums up my work experience is daycare worker, nanny, and preschool teacher. If I was to ever pursue a career other then mine now it would be a child psychologist. I love children. After being in those settings prior to my own journey in parenthood, I knew with out a doubt I wanted to be the one raising my children. Teaching them my morals and what our purpose on this earth is. To love and respect one another, to create a strong family unit, to give them the happy and safe environment they deserve, to become as Christlike as possible, to have self control, to do all we can so we can return to live with our Father in Heaven. Nothing makes me happier then when I am with my family. When I see my kids laughing and playing. When I am with my sisters. When I visit with my parents and in-laws. I don't want to miss a moment of any of this. The reality is most my day is spent picking up after my children often time the same mess over and over, teaching them to be kind to one another, practicing reading and writing. trips to the library and park. crafts, more messes, helping a friend, laundry and for some reason I swear our bathroom needs to be cleaned through out the whole week. Is my life repetitive, yes very :) I think many people picture my life as a stay at home Mom, involving a lot of TV and pajamas. If I wanted to make my job more simple I could attempt to have that the case. But then my kids wouldn't be getting the love and attention they deserve. I can make it is as easy or hard as I want, I choose hard because I am here to work and it is what is rewarding. The crazy part, I still don't have the time to make my house spotless. The job is never ending.I live in a small little town, much different from where I was raised. I am surrounded by animals and fruit trees. For the most part I am surrounded by Moms who are also working hard as a full time Mom. I don't have to defend my choice as a stay at home Mom because for the most part it is a very respected role in my conservative little community. I am surrounded by wonderful children and parents. Tonight some little girls across the street made me a treat and brought it by. They didn't need to. I am sure they have seen their Mothers do the same. Where I live is like stepping back 50 years. The second the whether is nice I see multiple lemonade stands. Kids riding bikes, families going for walks, you know everyone of your neighbors. I am right where I am suppose to be and I love it. I love my husband for seeing the importance of this work I am doing. It was something we discussed prior to being married. His Mom knows what it means to work. She raised 7 wonderful children. All of which are outstanding adults contributing to society, they are honest in their dealings, they are kind and respectful to everyone they come across and they are selfless. My job is far from easy. I have had my moments where I feel like I am not capable of such a task. Then I reminded of my purpose on this earth when I see my two sweet children hug me or thank me. I am here to be a Mom and there is no better title out there. I can't wait to introduce sweet little Londyn into our family. My work I am sure just tripled. I am sure I will not sleep through the night for a few more years. I am sure my body will not be the exact same. But, I can't wait to have her here. I can't wait to see her first smile. I can't wait to see Liam and Layla hold her and love her. I can't wait to see my sweet niece Kathryn with her. I can't wait to have the innocence of a baby in our home again. That sweet spirit when a baby comes home can't be put into words. They are so pure. Thank you, thank you, thank you, Liam, Layla and Londyn for the honor of being your Mom. There isn't a better job title out there. I love you all so, so, so, so much!






1 comment:
Couldn't agree more! One of my favorite things about you is that you are so willing to share your testimony with anyone:) Love it!
Post a Comment