Loving Our LIfe

Loving Our LIfe

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Cutest Puppy EVER!

I am an animal person, always have been always will be. I grew up with horses, cats, dogs, birds, chickens, fish, rabbits, lizards... I believe that is all. We had the property and barn to make that possible as a child. It was one of my greatest memories of my childhood. There was something therapeutic about having pets for me. They were always a great source of comfort, love, and taught me responsibility. Daisy was a dog that influenced my life greatly. It is hard for people to understand but I truly believe she had a purpose in my life. I am so grateful she spent her last year with Colette and her wonderful family. She was loved more then she ever could of been loved. I cried hard when we gave her away. I was so grateful she was with their family and i was so grateful for the role she had, had with me and my life. I felt inspired to give her to them I know with out a doubt that was the right choice. I cried when I found out she passed away a short time later. My heart ached for their family and their loss. But I was so relieved she spent that time with them. I also believe that was her purpose. She was a special dog. I don't think I will ever have another one like her.
As many of you know we got a cat a while ago. She is outdoor and I love her. But lets face it, i have a special spot in my hearts for dogs. Panther, our cat, is perfect and sweet but the companionship that comes with a dog can't replaced. It honestly took me a few years to feel good about getting a dog. Mom, you understand what a big deal this is... you know how I loved coming home with animals (Biggles, Squirt, Daisy, etc.). I knew the time had come to get a dog. Layla seemed to grow out of getting a rash when she was around animals. I hated seeing that my kids didn't have a animal to love and tend to. Logically, most people would say first you have a baby then get a dog but I found it easier to train a dog before a baby comes. So we are happy to announce our newest addition the sweet and playful BESSIE... she started out as Bandit, followed by Zora and now has the name Bessie and it is sticking. We think she looks like a little furry cow. Bessie seems like something someone would name a cow. She is perfect. When I saw her on KSL I knew she was the perfect fit for our family. I loved her markings, she was less expensive because she was bigger (which I wanted with kids, not so fragile), she was a she, she doesn't shed and she melted my HEART! She is half Maltese and half shih-tzu. Josh was a trooper and gave into my begging and we went and got her new years eve. The kids and I are in love and I know she is growing on Josh.
She has a much different personality then Daisy. She is pretty floppy, tough and playful. She has done wonderfully at potty training. I think I have figured out how to train a dog, if i do say so myself :) Mom, I will help you if you consider getting one again :),  She LOVES Liam and tries to dominate Layla. The kids get a kick out of her and have done a wonderful job of taking care of her. I adore her. She fits in just perfectly around here. We love you Bessie! It feels so nice to have a dog back in the house :)


No comments:

Our Vacay

Turn Off the Music at the Bottom, Enjoy!