Loving Our LIfe
Saturday, June 26, 2010
It's a Wonderful Life
I haven't been very good at recording the little things which are going on in our lives. Here are a few details about Liam and Layla.
Liam is such a sweet heart and has the greatest manners. He tells us often how much he loves us and how happy he is. He loves life. He has been trying to figure out how things work lately and is convinced he needs to jump into the TV so he can be with the Backyardagains. One night while Josh was with both kids alone, and Taryn (our niece) while I went out for a girls night, he was laying Liam down for bed. Liam asked him if Josh would lay down with him. Josh told Liam he couldn't because he had to go take care of Taryn because her Mommy and Daddy weren't there. Liam replied, "Dad you don't need to help everyone. You're not a super hero!" Sooo cute. He says things like that daily. We are always laughing.
Layla is a crack up. She wants nothing to do with being a baby other then her pacifier. She crawls out of her crib, refuses to sit in a high chair or booster, wants to drink out of a regular cup, buckles part of herself in her carseat, helps get herself dressed and the list continues. She is such a wonderful helper. You can ask her to clean up and that girl gets to work. One day while the kids were playing outside Layla was following Liam around cleaning up after him. When ever it is time to go she runs and grabs matching shoes for everyone. She loves to make people laugh. Her new word is "disgusting" and it is so funny when she says it. I love that little girl to pieces. She really has blossomed into the most fun toddler. I wouldn't change a thing about both my kids. They are perfect in every way and perfect for me. I hope I can make them as happy as they make us.
Josh is hard at work both around the house and in the office. He loves to study the gospel and help others. He really is amazing.
I am slowly recovering from mono. Although it doesn't seem to be getting better, only worse. Whenever I think it is gone my body tells me differently. Other then the mono June has been one of my favorite months. Josh and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary. I really admire my husband and all that he does for our family. He is so selfless and humble. I can't believe how wonderful this past year has been with him. By far the best year of our marriage and it was all him. Our kids are so blessed to have such a wonderful Dad. Josh is so great at playing with them. Liam loves to play with him and Layla is a TOTAL Daddy's girl.
Also, my sisters came to visit this month as you will see in the following post.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
Wow! I can't even believe how big Layla looks in these pictures:) We sure have missed you guys!
What a great post. Your kids are darling Marcie. I'm sorry you've been dealing with Mono...that sounds hard with two active kids.
Love the updates! Life is so fun with little ones, especially with a positive attitude! These really are the "golden years" because I think out of all the stages of life, we will miss little ones and babies the most.
I would love to see a picture of you and your sisters on your different bikes, that sounds like a blast. :)
Can't wait to see you guys, although I don't want you to overdo it, so I'm a little concerned about that for you.
Post a Comment