While taking these pictures I realized that today is much like life. We need to weather the storm. The light at the end of the tunnel is well worth the trials we face. Those trials are what make us beautiful people.
I know God will never give us a trial to big to handle.
I know it is silly of me to speak of trials when I have had such a blessed life. The few hardships I have faced I wouldn't take back. They make me who I am in today and believe what I believe.
"Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ having a perfect brightness of hope and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: ye shall have eternal life" 2 Nephi 31:20
I wish I could have seen the reaction of my Grandma seeing what I saw late this afternoon. She was a phenomenal artist and had a true appreciation for the Beauty of the Earth. This song was sang at her funeral,
"For the beauty of the earth
for the beauty of the skies
For the love which from our birth
Over and around us lies,
Lord of all, to thee we raise
This our hymn of grateful praise
For the beauty of each hour
Of the day and of the night,
Hill and vale, and tree and flow'r,
Sun and Moon, and starts of Light
Lord of all, to thee we raise
This our hymn of grateful praise
For the joy of human love,
Brother, sister, parent, child,
Friends on earth, and friends above,
For all gentle thoughts and mild,
Lord of all, to thee we raise,
This our hymn of grateful praise"
For the Beauty of the Earth
text: Fulliott S. Pierpoint 1835-1917
music: Conrad Kocher 1786-1872
LDS Hymn book page 92






4 comments:
Marcie, that is my favorite scripture. It's so powerful and simple, I love it!
Mars,
I just LOVED reading the part you said about weathering the storm and the light at the end of the tunnel being worth the trials we face. Well said and I think I needed to read something like that to put my life into check! Thanks SO much for that!!!
thank you for your insight and grand ability to put it into words that bless the rest of us lucky enough to know you!
Grandma saw it right along with you!
Love mom
Post a Comment