I am behind, like WAY behind. This blog is important to our family. I always want to have it to write our memories, joys and even our bumps in the road. The last year pretty much has been a bump in the road. A good bump in the road but definitely something which threw our family out of the loop of family routine. It is safe to say our parenting for the last 7 years was flushed down the toilet. But, we did it! We have our house. We were our own contractors. There was a learning curve but not as bad as expected. Josh and I knew this would be something we would enjoy. Basically, Josh was the contractor and I was the one working with the contractor. He bid everything out, got permits, figured out inspections, lined things out, etc. I did what most people do when working with a builder. Figured out what goes where, colors, cabinets, met the workers here all day everyday, fixtures, etc (what you would expect). It was a full time job for both of us. We couldn't of done it with out the help of those around us. THANK YOU! I am forever grateful for my Dad and his hospitality while living in his
home. I am so grateful for my Mom and Step Dad. For ALL their help with
our new home and crazy kids. Thank you Dad in Cheyenne for making the trip out here to help with the floors and deck. Thank you Danny and Denise for your help. Danny for helping Josh, Denise for your constant design advice and suggestions. Thank you Summer for putting up with all my second guesses and decisions. Thank you my dear friend Brooke for helping me feel good about decisions I made. Thank you Brad and Janet for holding our hands through out the way. Helping us find a good deal and good sub. Thank you to everyone who supported us. Who told us we could do this and should do this. Who were happy for us. Who believed in us. We have such good family and friends. Good people with good intentions. I love this house, and I am not just being cheesy when I say what I love most about this home is how every corner, every detail, reminds me of someone I care deeply for. I am blessed, so blessed to have all of you.
As mentioned it was a full time job for the both of us. Which meant I wasn't the type of Mom I enjoy being. My love language is with out a doubt quality time. But there was no time to give. I was on edge, i was disengaged. Getting this house done was a priority and needed to be so we could be back to normal. Josh suggested doing this again, since we have learned so much. I would love to. It was fun, it was interesting, i have ALWAYS loved this type of stuff, have watched my parents and relatives do things along these lines my whole life. Its familiar to me, its comfortable, its fun. But even with all this I need to enjoy being a Mom. I want to do this again, but not any time soon. I realized how important is to simplify my life so I can have parenting and spirituality be our priorties. I can't expect to much from my husband and children in everyday life by over scheduling our lives with things that don't matter because at the end of the day or in a stressful moment we just didn't have energy to do the two things that we should hold dearest to our hearts, our family and testimony. How can I expect them to have patience with each other and be sincere in their relationship with God and getting to know the gospel if they dont have energy to do so. It was ok that we did this. It was worth it. I couldn't be happier with how this journey has gone but i can't have everything and I don't want to. One day I will persue this again but until then I will live vicariously through those around me :)
This chapter is now over. We built our dream house now back to the simple things in life for as long as they are simple. I guess we never know what life has in store for us but until then I am going to enjoy the simple moments. I missed them dearly!








No comments:
Post a Comment