| Wow, April is so pretty (inside joke, and yes she really is) |
I told Liam the morning of my birthday that I was going to have a girls birthday party in St. George. He said in a very sad voice, "Mom, you didn't invite me to your birthday?". Gulp... I felt a little bad. Grandma Holly took us all to I-Hop to have another party (thanks Mom) so he was happy. But the truth is this was a trip for the originals. Yup, just me, my sisters and Mom. No extras (I love my extras more then anything). I would highly suggest doing it. It was so much fun. I loved EVERY minute of it. Talk about the best Birthday present EVER! April drove from AZ, my Mom from Colorado and Tara flew from Oregon for a relaxing weekend in St. George on my actual Birthday. The weather was perfect and the company was even better. I needed a few more days. It was bitter-sweet coming home. Not for the reasons you are thinking. Bitter because my WONDERFULLY, helpful, hardworking husband had the house cleaner then I can keep it with the kids (yes, I will admit I am jealous), Sweet because I came home to a clean house free of laundry and happy kids. I am sure they played hard. Thank you Josh for making this possible and having me come home to a home in perfect order. I am one lucky wife, sister, daughter and mom :)






1 comment:
I love that analogy..."no extras"...so cute. Hope you had a delightful birthday. You are such a wonderful person...You deserve it!!
Post a Comment