Loving Our LIfe

Loving Our LIfe

Saturday, January 8, 2011

We Wish You a Merry Christmas

I say this every year but seriously, this was the best Christmas yet. What made this Christmas so special was really being able to focus on the true meaning. This Christmas had a different feel. We weren't focused on all the presents (both giving a receiving). Josh and I decided and promised before hand not to get each other anything. I had totally been against that idea prior to this Christmas. This year it was a relief. The truth is Josh gave me the greatest gift. This past year in our marriage we have grown so much. I have such a sense of gratitude for where we stand. I couldn't be happier. Josh is a wonderful person who is one of the sincere and strongest people in the gospel I know. What a blessing it is to have him as a father and husband. To top it off we have two healthy and wonderful children who are the light of our lives. It seems like all the other area's of our lives this past year have not been ideal but our little family has each other and there is nothing else I would rather have.
This Christmas season went a little like this:
-All Christmas shopping done Black Friday by 7am, I realize now it really allowed us to focus on the birth and life our Savior
- We were able to spend lots of time this December with our parents on both sides. They all are such amazing people.
-The night before Christmas we acted out the Nativity. It was so darling.
-We read a Christmas eve book and heard Santa's sleigh bells outside. You would of thought Liam just saw a ghost and Layla was very confused. They both ran into their beds.
- Liam came into our room Christmas morning crying at 4 am because he was sure Santa hadn't come even though he already had. I think he was half asleep. We told him it was because it was still night time and to go back to sleep. He did just that.
-7am Liam comes in excited this time fully awake. His stalking had been filled, it was so fun.
-He ran into the guest room to Grandma Holly and Grandpa Paul woke them right up :)
-We kept waiting for Layla to wake up... Finally we woke her up.
-Layla was so cute going through her stalking. She got to her new spider man tooth brush and handed it to Liam and said, "Here you go Liam" when we told her it was hers she was so excited (she loves to call her self spider man and do tricks)
- Liam and Layla got two gifts one from the big man and one from the parents. Scooters, snapping blocks, and a doll. They couldn't of been more happy.
- Liam ran around all day saying, "This is the best day ever"
-We went sledding and Grandma Holly even gave it try
-Grandma Holly and I made a dinner similar to what they would have eaten during the time of Jesus birth. We had Gyros, grape juice, and veggies. We ate it on a blanket with all the lights out and the fire going. It was so yummy and fun.
-We all went to bed with smiles on our faces because we wouldn't of changed a thing about Christmas this year

I have no doubt, the greatest gift ever given was the birth of our Savior, Jesus Chris. He was born in a very humble setting. Recorded in scriptures for us to read and understand. At the time of his birth much of the world went on with their every day life; not acknowledging and even denying Christ. Just like we see in today's world. Because he was born our lives have meaning. We can learn from the life he lived. Even though he was perfect he was baptized, he spent his life serving and teaching man. He then suffered for all of our sins and sorrows so we wouldn't have to. The comfort of the Holy Ghost is real, the atonement is real. As he prayed in the Garden of Gethsemane he bled from every pore. Our Savior was then hung from a cross where he died. Three days later he was resurrected. He returned to his body just like we will one day. He visited people through out the world so they could know that Christ lives.
I sometimes wonder, why am I so lucky to have the understanding and testimony I have. I know many people consider those feelings fanatical and maybe think I am even confused. We all are familiar with the song "Amazing Grace". I once was lost but now am found, Was blind, but now, I see. I had no idea at that time of my life I was lost. But now that I have been blessed with understanding I have, I realize what a gift I have found. The peace, joy, comfort and understanding the gospel has brought me can't be put into words, it is who I have become, it is who I am. Christmas is really the most wonderful time of they year, especially when you really recognize what we are celebrating.

To learn more about what a believe please click here:  http://mormon.org/jesus-christ

2 comments:

Karen and Mike said...

What at great Christmas day. Glad you shared!

Byers said...

Such a great idea for Christmas dinner! Christmas is way more fun when you get to watch your kids love it:)

Our Vacay

Turn Off the Music at the Bottom, Enjoy!